Friday, September 7, 2012

31 Days: Day 7 - Black & White

I wasn’t terribly creative about my title today. :-D
Obviously, today we’re supposed to use black and white. I discarded several ideas and in the end decided to do something different on each nail.

Here’s what I used today:

  • essie rock solid
  • essence btgn base sealer
  • essie blanc
  • acrylic paint
  • essence gel-look top coat
  • Seche Vite

First I applied one coat of each base coat, three of blanc and sealed the polish with Seche Vite.

blanc is a plain white crème, stark, but not as chalky as most. I can’t recall any nicer whites I’ve owned and I’ve tried a lot. It’s pretty average in opacity, three coats are absolutely necessary.
This polish was a bit streaky at first, it really isn’t wearable in less than three coats, even if you don’t mind a bit of VNL. But overall I found blanc to be pretty good for a white polish, the flat brush with the rounded tip made application a snap.
If you need a good white, blanc is an excellent choice. But that’s a bit of a ‘amongst the blind the one-eyed man is king’ kind of situation. White polishes always suck to some degree (basically, if the average polish from brand X is a two-coater, a white will need three and will be a bit trickier to apply). This is on the not-terribly-sucky end of the spectrum.

Here’s blanc in two coats without top coat:

And here’s blanc in three coats with Seche Vite:

When the base was dry I used black and white acrylic paint to add random designs. Then I put on a coat of gel-like top coat and one of Seche Vite.

I’m so excited about this mani, especially the ring finger nail. I didn’t expect the freehanded circles to be this neat.
Which nail is your favourite?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...